Welcome to KK Cold Laser, Wollerau’s Restorative Laser Studio
We are specialized in the application of Cold Laser Therapy, also known as Low Level Laser Therapy (LLLT). By applying low power coherent laser light, we help patients restore and maintain their health and well-being. Using different cold laser wavelengths, we provide a safe, effective, and holistic healing with no side-effects.
Cold Laser Therapy is becoming increasingly popular among health professionals, beauticians, specialists for hair loss, and spas. Starting in the early 1960’s, laser therapy has been studied extensively and has earned over 1,500 peer reviewed publications and 23 FDA market clearances.
The effects of Cold Laser Therapy are photochemical (cold), not thermal. Hot lasers in the medical world are used for surgical precision while cold lasers are used for healing precision. During treatment of the tissue, an interaction between cells and photons (from Greek phōs, light) take place – a photochemical reaction. Photons from the laser affect the tissue at the cellular level. The cold laser light enters the tissue, alters cell membrane permeability, and at the cellular level is absorbed into the mitochondria. The mitochondria are the powerhouse of the cells and make ATP which is needed for the life enhancement process of every cell which facilitates:
- Faster wound healing. The laser stimulates fibroblast development in damaged tissue.
- Increased metabolic activity. Helps the body increase output of specific enzymes, greater oxygen to blood cells and more effective immune response.
- Healing of scar tissue. The laser reduces the formation of scar tissue following tissue damage from cuts, scratches, burns, or following surgery.
- Anti-inflammatory action. The laser reduces swelling caused by bruising or inflammation of joints to give improved joint mobility.
- Increased vascular activity. The laser stimulates lymph and blood circulation, to allow the affected tissue to have the best possible circulation.
- Stimulated nerve function. Slow recovery of nerve function in damaged tissue can result in "dead" limbs or numb areas. Laser will speed the process of nerve cell.
- Rapid cell growth. The laser accelerates cellular reproduction and growth.
Cold Laser Therapy can also be implemented for fat loss and cellulite reduction. At KK Cold Laser, we offer treatments with the Emerald laser machine, produced by the global market leader of cold laser. Emerald is the world’s first green laser that is FDA market cleared for overall body circumference reduction. The Emerald laser omits 532 nm green lasers onto the skin to treat and release excess fat. The fat is then passed through the body during its natural course of detoxification through the lymphatic system. There are no side-effects and the results can be measured already after the first session. The Emerald green laser was FDA market cleared in three separate double-blind clinical trials.